Interested in working in the Scranton School District?
Please visit our Job Opportunities section of the Human Resources page and access the Frontline Recruiting & Hiring Platform where you can view all open positions and to apply.
The Scranton School District is committed to hiring highly qualified employees that reflect the students and community we serve.
The Scranton School District’s commitment to quality reaches through its educational principles and practices and into the lives of the students we influence. By joining our team, you can be a part of that solution.
The Scranton School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its educational policies or practices on the basis of gender, religion, race, color, sex, national origin, or disability of any individual.
Act 153 of 2014 has increased the frequency in which all public school employees are required to submit PA Child Abuse and PA and Federal criminal background checks to their employers. Under the recently AMENDED law, all employees are required to provide the aforementioned checks to their employers every sixty (60) months.
OPEN FOR DIRECTIONS REGARDING CLEARANCES
Required Clearances for Employees
- Act 34: PSP Criminal Record Check
- Act 34 of 1985 requires all school district employees to obtain a PATACH clearance every 5 years.
- Act 114: FBI Background Check
- Enter Service Code: 1KG6XN
- Act 114 of 2006 requires all school district employees to obtain a federal CHRI clearance every 5 years.
- Act 151: PA Child Abuse History Certification
- Act 151 of 2006 requires all school district employees to obtain a Child Abuse History Clearance every 5 years.