Educating Students From All Over The World
The Right to Know Law is Pennsylvania's Open Records Law. The law was signed by Governor Edward G. Rendell on February 14, 2008. Most of the law took effect on January 1, 2009, but the entire law took effect in three stages:
- The title, definitions and creation of the Office of Open Records took effect on February 14, 2008.
- July 1, 2008: All state contracts exceeding $5,000 must be posted on Treasury’s Web site. Each agency must submit to the Treasury these contracts or a summary of thereof.
- January 1, 2009, the remaining portion of the law took effect.
Right To Know Officer: Robert Gentilezza
You can obtain a right to know request here: http://www.openrecordspa.org.
Once filled out:
- 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☎️ (570) 348-3400
- 📫 425 N Washington Ave., Scranton, PA 18503
Standard Right-to-Know Law Request Form