Kindergarten Registration Process for the 2023-2024 School Year is now open
- 2023-2024 school year
- Kindergarten Registration
West Scranton Intermediate School recently hosted their annual Student of the Month and Scholar of the Month family breakfast. The students who won these awards, and their families, were invited to a breakfast held at WSIS where they were honored for their achievements!
Congrats to all the students and scholars of the month at WSIS!
- Student and Scholar of the Month
Two students from South Scranton Intermediate School placed second and third in a poetry contest held by the Scranton Public Library. The contest was for grades 6 through 12 and were allowed to submit one original poem including, but not limited to, free verse, formal verse, song lyrics, and prose.
Congrats to the winners!!!
- Poetry Contest
- South Scranton Intermediate School
May 23rd, Willard Elementary School hosted an assembly that talked about the "Power of NED" as a part of the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum.
The assembly incorporated the character "NED" whose name stands for "never give up, encourage others, and do your best." Using yo-yos and other props, the speaker engaged students in the program as a way to convey their message to students.
- Willard Elementary School
Scranton School District Fall Sports Physicals
Date: June 20, 2023
Location: Geisinger Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
3:30pm: Scranton High School (all FALL sports athletes)
4:30 pm: West Scranton High School (all FALL sports athletes)
5:15 pm: Northeast Intermediate, South Intermediate and West Intermediate (all FALL sports athletes)
· This is for ONLY fall athletes of the Scranton School District
· All athletes MUST have a completed and signed PIAA Physical packet in order to be eligible for a physical.
· Athletes that wear glasses need to bring them to the physical. Vision will be evaluated.
- SSD Physicals